Sunday, December 11, 2011

New Discovery

I never knew that it was so hard blending families. I grew up in a blended family, but I just thought we were some kind of anomaly and that's why he had some hard times that other families didn't have. However, my blended family was a little different than the ones we went over in class. It made me giggle inside a little when one of our class mates suggested that if a blended family was composed of a mother whose husband died and a father whose wife died then there would be no troubles. Well, this is my family and even if the trouble are of a different nature they are still there. I think it's easy to say that if everyone shared a common trial then that would make them bond, but the problem with that is everyone perccieves experiences (even if it's the same experience) differently.
         I wish I understood the effects of a blended family earlier. I think I would have been more understanding and accepting of my parents' and siblings' attitudes. I know that this has beena recurring theme in all of my blogs and I hope I don't sound like a broken record, but this is why it's so important to learn about the family from a secular, no just religious, standpoint. Knowledge is power, and I think that the family is so important that we shouldn't just be "shooting from the hip" as we date, marry, and create a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment