Friday, October 28, 2011

Equal treatment?

I really liked the discussion in class today about how wives can sometimes be a little too controling. I've seen this a lot in my extended family and it kind of drives me crazy. My friend told me that at his cousin's wedding she told him that all he needed to know for marriage was how to say, "Yes ma'am." This makes me wonder how successful that marriage will be. I especially liked what Brother Williams said about men acting this way. He pointed out that if a husband ever told his wife, "Look, this is the way it's going to be and you will give in eventually" there would be priesthood discipline. I never thought about it like that. I think marriage has to be give and take, and that both partners need to be willing to not get their way sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment